Friday, December 12, 2008

What will you do?

The other night my mother and I were talking about Christmas and what we can do in memory of my cousin David. It's hard to believe that we already spent 3 years (going on 4) without him there to share in the Christmas spirit. It's hard to even sit here and type this, because I can never stop thinking about him. Something people don't really understand is the feeling of loosing someone that didn't need to be gone yet. Every Christmas my family tries to do something in the memory of my cousin and all the troubles he struggled with. It's indescribable how terrible it feels to sit at grandmas and wish you could still hear him playing his guitar right there in front of the tree.

Teenagers and young adults don't understand how precious their life really can become. We all live our lives for the "moments" but you have to ask yourself what happens when that "moment" is gone. Do you give up? Ask yourself what you can do with your time when there isn't a special "moment" there to keep you entertained. You have a great life, because you have life. You'll never really understand how great it is until it's gone. Now it sounds crazy, you'll miss life when you're dead, how can you miss it if you're dead? It's not about you personally missing it. How many times have you lost a loved one? If you have you know what I'm talking about. That part of your life feels like it's dead and missing after they are gone. It's human nature to miss someone and never lose them out of your memory; but we all have to figure out a way to deal with the pain. My family buys something in the memory of my cousin. What will you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment